Kentucky Conservation Officer’s Association
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 100
February 8, 2018
Commissioner Dr. Harry W. Carloss
Commissioner Mr. Frank Williams
Commissioner Dr. Rusty Gailor
Commissioner Mr. Kenny Knott
Commissioner Mr. Kevin Bond
Commissioner Mr. Jimmy B. Bevins, Chairman
Commissioner Mr. Paul Horn
Commissioner Mr. Rich Storm
Commissioner Dr. Karl Clinard
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources
#1 Sportsman’s Lane
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
The KCOA/FOP represents conservations officers of all ranks within the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. On February 5, 2018, at the KCOA Board of Directors meeting, a resolution of “no confidence” was voted regarding Commissioner Gregory Johnson as Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources.
- His lack of supervision of the Department has resulted in grievances by officers over promotions, to which a Deputy Commissioner was involved, resulting in no promotions being made, which has effected moral among officers and leaving numerous positions vacant throughout the agency.
- His failure to take action on the investigation concerning Commissioner Jimmy Bevins regarding the duck baiting case which was improperly handled by Colonel Rodney Coffey and Captain Richard Skaggs.
- Although the Ethics Commission has an investigation regarding Colonel Coffey – which most likely caused his resignation, Commissioner Johnson has failed to direct any action on Captain Richard Skaggs after clearly being aware of his improper conduct along with Coffey by their interfering in the Bevins investigation.
- Commissioner Gregory Johnson has failed the sportsmen and sportswomen of Kentucky by not seeking adequate compensation for the officers of KDFWR. Conservation Officers at KDFWR are among the bottom three states for officers pay nationally; His failure to address this pay issue is causing the agency to lose current officers to other Law Enforcement agencies in the state; Further, the low pay effects the recruitment of qualified candidates to fill existing vacancies throughout the Commonwealth.
- KCOA members were refused by Commissioner Johnson to be placed on the agenda of the December 8, 2017, Commission meeting. Historically, officers representing the Conservation Officers Association present a monetary donation of several thousand dollars intended for youth scholarship’s for the summer camps. This action by Commissioner Johnson is inexplicable.
Again, the membership of the Kentucky Conservation Officers Association declare we have no confidence in Commissioner Gregory Johnson’s ability to guide this agency ethically, and with resolve to provide employees with fair and impartial treatment. We are asking you to remove Gregory Johnson immediately as Commissioner of the Department.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the Executive Committee and District Representatives;
Rodney D. Milburn
Rodney D. Milburn
President, KCOA / FOP 100
KCOA Executive Board: President Rodney D. Milburn, Vice-President Josh Robinson, Secretary Thomas E. Blackwell, III, Treasurer Steve Combs, Chaplin Jason Ping, State Lodge Trustee Glenn Griffie.
KCOA District Representatives: Bryan Dolen, Casey Meek, Brant Green, Glenn Griffie, Greg Youree, Jason Ice, Jeremy Meade, Matthew Hartley, Scott Horn.